In eCommerce marketing customer segmentation (it’s also called marketing segmentation) means the process of using customers’ data to segment them for specifically addressed messages and for increasing the number of loyal customers.
StackTome lets you increase direct purchases by segmenting your customers and reaching them on Adwords, Facebook and Twitter. You will get a clear and effective customer segmentation strategy in a matter of clicks.
Determining Customer Segments
The most important task in segmenting customers is to send right messages to a proper audience at the right time.
The StackTome platform allows you to identify right segments for effective social media and PPC campaigns.
Customer Segmentation Models
The StackTome’s classification of models is based on RFM segmentation. RFM is a form of customer database segmentation and stands for Recency, Frequency and Monetary value.
Customer Segmentation Analysis
For marketers, the analysis helps to answer important questions:
• Who are your customers (most and least profitable)?
• Which products or services are the most interesting for your customers?
• Which customers will most likely to purchase your services or products?
StackTome allows you to easily analyze your customers and target them right.
Benefits of Customer Segmentation
• High conversion. When your marketing message is relevant to customers’ interests, you will get more purchases.
• Profit from repeat customers. Retaining existing customers is more beneficial and less costly than getting new ones. Focusing on the lifetime value of customers, you build long-term relations with them.
A properly built customer segmentation process is critical for every business. The process can have impact on every part of your organization. StackTome makes your business to be focused on customers stronger and will become far more predictable and efficient.
The best marketing strategy is one that is relevant and direct. How do you achieve this for your business? By choosing to segment customers in a manner that makes reaching them so much easier. This entails knowing your customers’ unique needs and personalizing your marketing approach. There is more than one way your business can decide to go about the segmentation of its valuable customers.
Types of customer segmentation include:
• Prior segmentation based on public characteristics such as size, industry and so on. This is the simplest customer segmentation example as it groups clients using the most easily available characteristics. Its simplicity makes it quite an attractive option for quick marketing strategies.
• Needs-based segmentation which takes into account specific customer needs which might be unique. This approach requires in-depth research but is most likely to pay off as it results in a personalized marketing approach. With the accurate knowledge of each of your customers’ needs, it is highly likely that your business will tailor its processes to become more relevant.
• Value-based segmentation that considers customers based on the value they can bring. Indeed, it is the most sensible customer segmentation strategy as it places most marketing efforts toward customers who are likely to bring the highest returns in the long run.
While considering your approach to marketing, customer segmentation techniques will depend on their benefits. There are many benefits of customer segmentation for your business including improving the quality of your products, having highly focused marketing messages and eventually increasing your business revenue. If used in the right manner, such strategies can extend benefits to other sections of your business including your finances.
You can always look into customer segmentation software that makes your work a lot easier. Such software will simplify your efforts in customer segmentation analysis. Provided that it’s used properly, the data from such software can have untold benefits for your marketing strategy.
Your business can benefit from the opportunities opened up by social marketing segmentation as well as other customer segmentation models. It might be challenging to make a decision on which model will best suit your business, that is why you need to consult the experts who are capable of advising you on customer segmentation strategies. With access to the right partner, you will be able to choose the right model, employ it effectively and watch your returns grow continuously.